Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Start the disassembly process

Well, decided to go the frame off route. I think I know what I'm in for.....pain!

Really, I am convinced this is the right thing to do and feel good about this resto. So, start with the back end, probably the easiest place to start. The bumper cover has 17 bolts around the body and is extremely tight. Took me like 2 hours to get all of them off. Then I took the bumper itself off. I decided to remove the bumper at the connections to the frame itself instead of at the Ener-sorbers. This way I can bolt it back on without needing a re-alignment.

Loads of Dirt Dobber nests.


Rear end after bumper removal. disconnected bumper at frame connection to avoid re-alignment during re-assembly Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home