Friday, February 04, 2005

Dedication to Jim

I never named the friend of mine that I purchased this car from for privacy reasons. His name is Jim Everett and is the preacher at the local congregation we attended there. I've known Jim for going on 13 years now. He's very knowledgeable, always had good advice, and an all around great person and Christian. He sold me the car because his knees were going bad on him and could no longer work on it. He had knee replacement surgery just a few days after I bought the car from him in late December.

I just learned today that he has very serious cancer and will likely not live much longer, maybe only a matter of days. This project takes on new meaning in light of this. I was motivated to do a quality restoration for my own reasons, but now I'm motivated even more to do something to continue his legacy of restorations of his own and to make something he'd be proud of.

Pray for him and his family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home