Saturday, March 26, 2005

Suspension re-assembly on the frame

Saturday has turned into a gourgoues day. The weatherman had forecast thunderstorms for the day and he couldn't have been more wrong. I've got to get a job like that! Today is the day to put the front suspension back on the car. Here's some pics chronicling the effort.


The right hand side full re-assembled.

I didn't detail paint the spring or the main spindle support for a few reasons. One, these take a hard amount of abuse and two, they were'nt horrible rusted like the a-arms. Also, the rotors are spinning quite nicely and they can always be serviced while on the car in the future. If I pull the rotor then for some reason I can paint the spindle support. But something tells me in a year of road driving you wouldn't be able to tell either way.


The left side re-assembled the same as the right side.


And a front picture of the whole thing. I decided to use KYB shocks because of their endurance and ride. Very non-original but in a few spots I'm doing that on purpose. I do want to enjoy driving it as much as how it looks and only an NCRS judge would shoot me for doing it.

I brought the frame back into the garage now that much of the nasty sand blasting and painting stuff has been done. That and I got sun burned today doing the work outside. Spring is here at last!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home