Thursday, March 24, 2005

Frame painting complete!

Yesterday I painted the underside of the frame. After it dried enough to handle, I flipped the frame and did the sand blasting, rust removal, and priming on the top side.

This morning is an absolutely gorgeous morning to paint a frame! Conditions are perfect. So, here's what the finished product looks like when it's done.


Top side of frame now completely prepped and painted!


A closer look now at the front cross member. This feels good to see some positive restoration progress now!


A closer look at the rear end of the frame.

In the picture below, you can see the #1 and #4 body mount brakcets are NOT painted. That's no accident. The little buggers are completely rust rotted. I have new brackets on order but they're not here yet and I want to leave the brackets on until I'm ready to weld the new ones in place so as to not lose the original location of them. So, leave them exposed for now and will finish that up once I get the brackets in.


And finally a view from the left rear. It's a nice bright sunny day and the contrast is a little tough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home