Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Underside of frame after paint

I got the underside prepped and primed on Monday evening. I used POR for the priming since much of the metal was heavily rust pitted and the POR fills in the pits to give a better working surface to paint on. The POR is a liquid product that can be sprayed on but I always brush it on. The stuff is like steel after it dries and I like to be generous with it on a rusted piece of metal like this.

The weather on Tuesday was horrible, very rainy. So, I didn't get to paint the frame at all on Tuesday.

So, on Wednesday finally it's paint day! I then used a semi-gloss black enamel, Rustoleum to be exact, as the finish coat. Two coats of that. I plan on coming back with a clear coat once the entire frame it painted to add an extra hadened layer of protection.


Front underside after clean, blast, prime and paint. Much better!


Entire underside of frame after prep and paint. No more rust!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home