Sunday, April 10, 2005

More progress

Now that life is kind of "normal", whatever that is but to means that I am home rather than on the road travelling, I've had some time to knock a few more things off the list:

* Front sway bar stripped painted and re-attached with the front suspension re-build kit from Bairs, sway bar linkages.

* Steering box stripped and painted and installed. Man, that Cast Blast paint is amazing stuff!

* New steering coupling installed (rag joint)

* Differential stripped and painted. I drained the old diff fluid and I need to put new fluid in before install.

* Rear strut rods stripped, re-straightened, painted and new bushing pressed in. The rods when they came off had a mild bend in them probably from some Bubba fixing a camber problem the hard way....bend the rods. So I heated them with the blow torch to make them easy to bend back and a few hammer throws later, straight as an arrow.

* Rebuild the PS control valve with the kit from Corvette America. This needed to be done because the PS was leaking and I wasn't sure which was leaking the valve or the cylinder.

* Which brings me to rebuilding the PS cylinder. When I got into this bugger, the last seal was missing and the end was a little buggered up where the main seal seats. I'm going to try and install the rebuild kit but I may be replacing this if it starts leaking again.

* Installed the new PS hose kit.

So, now the front steering is ready to be bolted back on. Once I get the diff fluid in I can mount that and then the t-arms, shocks, strut rods and rear spring. I ordered brake and fuel lines from Van Steel earlier in the week. Once they get here then I'll put those down, install the brake calipers and then I can put the wheels back on and wa-la a rolling chassis! Hopefully sometime this week or this weekend I'll have 4 wheels on the ground again!

Then the real fun, the motor...... Ahhh, at last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home