Friday, April 22, 2005

Engine build up

Tomorrow I plan to complete the rolling chassis which means I've got to get to making some decisions about the engine build up. Here's what I've decided to do:

Summits SUM-152123 heads: 67cc chamber, heart shaped, 165cc intake runner, 2.02/1.6 valves $324 a piece fully assembled
Comp Cams Magnum Roller tip rockers 1.52:1
Fel-Pro 0.041 thick head gasket

I'll take my original core and exchange it with Masterbilt motors locally next week. The details on that are the same as before.

I went with the decision for the Summit heads because the Vortecs just required too many other things to make it all pull together: the intake, the valve covers (which aren't cheap! at about $100 a pair), machining, etc. It was just too much to make it all work like I wanted it to. I've heard good things about the Summit's as they are basically a house branded version of the Dart Iron Eagle heads which are good heads by all accounts.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, Things are looking sweet! I hope mine will go as smooth. Nice blog. You don't know how much it motivates me. Thanks again!

April 26, 2005 at 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home