Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Garage prep and tape off

I built a makeshift spray booth on one side of my garage. I purchased some 10 ft 2x2 stringers on about 8' centers to attached the 4 mil plastic sheeting to. You can see it along with the car rolled into the garage here:


Setup a makeshift paint booth and wheeled the car in the garage. Posted by Picasa

Which then moved to serious effort on taping off the body in prep for initial painting. You can see I used a bunch of newspaper which made taping off the space in the bird cage a LOT of work.


Body taped off in prep for initial painting. Posted by Picasa


More tape off Posted by Picasa

This photo shows some of the significant body work required on the drivers side. Here's the drivers side rear fender area.


More tape off Posted by Picasa

And here's the drivers side front fender area. This will need a lot of work.


More tape off Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger AskHIM said...

Great site! I have a 1977 also that I plan to do simular work on. How did you remove the rear bumper on your car?

AskHIM

May 29, 2010 at 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home