Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Woo-hoo! Up and down the street!

Today I go down and pick up 2 more gallons of trany fluid and dump in a full gallon when all was said and done. These TH350s take a LOT of fluid but it was bone stock dry due to the rebuild and new torque convertor. I think when it's all done I put close to 12 qts in the thing but now it stays at the full mark instead of drinking the stuff like a bottomless pit. OK, back to the story and the good part. I start it up, drop it into reverse and feel the trany catch. Pop into drive and we've got liftoff! Take it for a few sprints up and down the street and life's good. I tried standing on the gas but got some hesitation. Pull back in, check the timing and advance it to 14* and it's idling much better too. Try again and now I can stand on it without hesitation. It's not burning rubber but there's more tuning to do. I'm a happy camper with those items all working and checked out now. I can move onto the body work and painting.

The end of the restoration is in sight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home