Sunday, June 26, 2005

Afternoon motor re-con mission

Pulled the plugs and sure enough, they're fouled. Not a lot mind you from the limited run time but they're fouled. Also, the plugs distinctly smell like un-burnt gas....go figure with flames coming out my headers! I decided to get a little more careful with my distributor setup. I backed up my timing mark to about 14 deg BTDC and reset my distributor. Also, this time I took a level and lined up the center of the rotor contact to my #1 mark on the base of the distributor after I set the timing mark at 14*. I also went through and capped ALL of the loose vaccuum lines to the cruise control, old EGR inlet, the EFE control and the headlights. I'm going to go through and check my valve lift with a caliper tonight and then button it back up for a run tomorrow.....I don't want to piss off the neighbors with the late night open header runs. I'll go through and double check the plugs wires as well just for good measure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home