Monday, May 02, 2005

Back from fishing

Went out on Friday with a bunch of guys I go to church with on a Gulf fishing expedition. It was excellent weather but the seas were pretty choppy. We caught out limit on Red Snapper and had quite a few grouper, warsaw, trigger, and one kobia. Now I've got a freezer full of fish!

So, I got very little done on the motor over the weekend. I ordered the torque convertor from Jegs as well as an oil priming tool. Both should be in by Friday. I won the Ebay auction for the chrome dress up kit for $35 and that should be in on Thursday. When that gets here then I can finish the lower end assembly of the motor. I had ordered an oil pickup from Summit that ends up being for a large capacity pan. I called Napa up locally and they can get me the right pickup by Tuesday for $8. The original pickup isn't worth the shipping cost to return by itself so I'll just hold back and see if anything else has to go back to Summit.

I took a little time and cleaned up the original oil pan. Cleaned off the old RTV and the oil residue in the pan, painted it black to match the motor and took some of the bends out of the lip to make a tight seal. But I can't install it until I get the timing cover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home