Friday, May 27, 2005

Paint and body supplies

I spent the better part of 2 days trying to find the right materials to do the panel re-attach. I finally found a local auto paint supply store, Rozars. Gave them a call and sure enough they had some stuff. I went by on Friday afternoon after I got back from my business trip to California and picked up all of my auto paint and body supplies:

Body panel joining: Evercoat SMC fiberglass body fusing and filler
PPG Paint Products:
DP40LF - body sealer with DP401LF catalyst (I went with the 401 catalyst instead of the fast drying 402 catalyst because the 402 cannot be use on anything that flexes like bumpers. this gives me one mix that I can shoot on the bumpers as well)
K36 - acrylic urethane primer with K201 hardener and DT870 reducer (this is for the primary coat over the sealer, is sandable, etc for the base coat to adhere to)
Deltron DBC - base coat. Mixed to the factory color in my case, 2759, silver/blue metallic. (I went with the DBC at the recommendation of the shop as an easier material to work with in a garage)
Concept 2021 - clear coat with the DCX61 hardener

So, I pretty much have everything I need to complete the exterior body work. I picked up a simple rivet gun from Lowe's to re-attach the body panel and the body mounts under neath. No, I need the time to do the work! Hopefully this weekend I can finish the underbody work and the engine compartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home