Monday, May 30, 2005

Weather stinks!

We've been getting rain since Saturday night and I haven't been able to do a lick of anything on the body because of it. I would have done some things on Saturday but I had to lay some grass in an area in front of the house, help the relatives lay a electrical line to their pool pump, and get ready to preach a lesson at our local congregation on Sunday. I had heard that the rain was coming but I thought I had until Monday and I could do the body work on Sunday afternoon. Wrong.

I couldn't take it any more and got out in the garage and did a few miscellaneous things:


* Finished the attachment of the rubber lines from the tank to the steel lines going to the front of the car.
* Finished attaching the gas tank jacket to the frame
* Pressed out the old u-joints on the main shaft, cleaned, and sand blasted it ready to paint.

I compared the u-joints I got from Corvette Central back in March to the ones pressed out and the new ones are a good 1/4" short on the length. Hmmm. I wonder if that's because the old ones were greased vs the new ones are greaseless. I didn't think there was a difference in the length between the two. I'll have to check around to find the right u-joints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home